Saturday, April 12, 2014

2014 Chicago Cubs

@BrewMastrJoe


Who are these 2014 Chicago Cubs.  They can create runs, pitch, play defense, and have a guy or two in the bullpen that can throw.  

This pitching staff is pulling their weight, but it's not a staff that says "I GOTTA SEE THESE GUYS PITCH!!" The last pitching staff the Cubs had to that effect, would maybe be the 2008 group, but that could be debated.  

Oh Cubs.  How I wish it was two years from now.  

Seeing Javy Baez and his bat speed in spring training and the rest of the league reacting is a great feeling.  Watching Kris Bryant develop last fall, Albert Almora showing his maturity and speed, and how Mike Olt bounced back and crushed the ball in spring training had just reinvigorated the Hope from within.

(As I'm listening to the Cubs play the Cardinals right now, the former team is displaying horrendous defensive fundamentals and bad pitching against a talented team)

It's pointless, to me, to try and second guess Rick Renteria on anything.  I could start doing that, but I'll just save that for another post on another day.

As exciting as it is to watch the Cubs produce runs, I think it's fair to remember that upper-management is still building for the future, and if that means they have to flip guys for (most likely more pitching) prospects, it's probably for the best.

Maybe I should blame all this new found "Hope" on the Bears desire to embrace the LETS WIN NOW mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment